1. Are runners allowed in the race without a dog?
2. What is the course like?
3. What are the awards like?
4. Are there any pet awards?
1. Yes please. The race is a regular 10K and 5K with the exception that dogs are allowed to run (or walk in the 5K and 1 mile Trot with Spot) with their owners - or vice versa.
2. The course is flat and fast on pavement and paved trails with short stretches of sidewalk. There are a couple of wooden bridges and part of the course in the 10K goes through a pretty park area.
3. Awards are custom Medals. They go 3-deep in 10-year age groups. Overall and Masters (over 40 yrs old) winner awards go 3-deep for M/F in the 10K. Winner awards in the 5K are Open only and 3-deep. In the 5K the younger age group awards go very deep....
4. There are pet awards. The best costumed dog, the best costumed person and the pet & person who look the most alike will win an award.